|Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 1:05am PST |
|Beef Apple Bones
- 1/4 cup vegetables oil
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 cups sweet potato flour
- 2 cups dried apple slices
- 4 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp Worcetershire sauce
1. Heat vegetable oil in skiller over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook, stirring frequently, until meat is brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Place cooked beef, including oil, in blender with beef broth. Puree.
3. Place flour, dried apple dices, beef puree, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine.
4. Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/4-inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into bone shapes. Combine dough scraps and comtinue to roll out and cut into shapes until all dough has been used.
5. Place cookies on ungreased foil-lined baking sheets, and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Turn off oven and let cookies dry in oven for 3 hours or overnight. Makes 5 to 6 dozen cookies.