|Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:38pm PST |
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb chicken hearts
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 tbsp dried basil
1. Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken hearts and cook, stirring frequently, until brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Place cooked chicken hearts, including oil, in blender with tomatoes, including juice. Puree.
3. Place flour, cooked rice, chicken-heart puree, and basil in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine.
4. Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into heart shapes. Combine dough scraps and continue to roll out and cut into shapes until all dough has been used.
5. Place cookies on ungreased foil-lined basking sheets, and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Turn off oven and let cookies dry in oven for 3 hours or overnight. Makes 5 to 6 dozen cookies.
Ahmad loves theses!