GO!

Homemade Dog Treat Recipes! Please Share!

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Mervyn

Bigger is Better

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 1:23am PST 
DoggieWiches

- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth
- 4 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil

1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine.

2. Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/8 inch thick and cut into squar4es cuting a cookie cutter. Combine dough scraps and continue to roll out and cut into shapes until all dough has been used.

3. Place cookies on ungreased foil-lined baking sheets, and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Turn off over and let cookies dry in oven for 3 hours or overnight. Place dog's favorite sandwich filling (such as peanut butter or ham and cheese) between two squares. Makes 5 to 6 dozen sandwich cookies.
[notify]
Ahmad

Mutts Do It- Better

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:38pm PST 
Hound Hearts

- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb chicken hearts
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 tbsp dried basil

1. Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken hearts and cook, stirring frequently, until brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.

2. Place cooked chicken hearts, including oil, in blender with tomatoes, including juice. Puree.

3. Place flour, cooked rice, chicken-heart puree, and basil in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine.

4. Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into heart shapes. Combine dough scraps and continue to roll out and cut into shapes until all dough has been used.

5. Place cookies on ungreased foil-lined basking sheets, and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Turn off oven and let cookies dry in oven for 3 hours or overnight. Makes 5 to 6 dozen cookies.

Ahmad loves theses! big grin
[notify]
Spencer

Barked: Mon Dec 30, '13 2:15am PST 
I have two dogs and I prefer to give them homemade food, as it is healthier and most cost saving. There is one recipe that I often prepare and that is Peanut Butter Cookies. My dogs love this recipe. Here are the ingredients for this recipe:

* 2 cups of flour (white or wheat, if your pup has no wheat allergies)
* 1 cup of rolled oats
* 1/3 cup of smooth peanut butter
* 1 tablespoon of honey
* 1/2 tablespoon of fish oil
* 1 1/2 cups of water
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2