GO!

Salmon Crack Dog Treats - They're so good...they're crack for dogs. :D

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 5:21pm PST 
Cool!!! I'm glad your dogs like them. smile If the dough is sticky, you will want to add more flour. The dough should stick to your hands a bit, but it shouldn't be so moist it completely covers your hands...if that makes any sense at all.

Yes, you bake them longer for crunchier treats. My treats are usually moist in the middle, crunchier on top and cooked but not moist on the bottom. Asher like's his treats moist, so I don't bake them till crunchy (unless I forget to pull them out of the oven). Asher has had crunchy Salmon Crack, and just doesn't care for it much. However I do know dogs have individual tastes just like people, so I'm glad you both knew to make yours crunchy.

I'm so glad you guys posted your results. Thanks!!!
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 8:33am PST 
My friends dog likes them as well, and so do her cats! How's that for results? laugh out loud
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 10:11pm PST 
So i made this with chicken *didn't have tuna* food processed two chicken breasts I had in the freezer that were freezer burned so I wasn't gonna eat them. They were raw. Then I dropped two eggs and about 2 tablespoons of flax-seed into the processor and blended then add 2 cups of rice flour since Mr. B is allergic to gluten.

Needless to say the moment i pulled them out of the oven I had jake crawling up my leg to get at them. He's in love with the stuff. I cut it into long bars and yo'ud think i'd just bought the most amazing treat in the world.

Thanks for sharing this. I can't wait to try it with salmon when i go shopping later this week. I was presently surprised with the results I had from the chicken version.
[notify]

MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 6:40pm PST 
Cool Mr Jake!!! I'm so glad the alternate ingredients worked so well for you, and I'm also pleased your dog loved them. I've had people ask about alternate flour, so the fact the rice flour worked for you is great.

And I hadn't thought about these treats for cats, but, sure, cats love fish. big grin
[notify]

Barked: Wed Nov 27, '13 4:05am PST 
Thanks for the recipe! I keep coming back to this. I'm going to pre-cut it with a pizza cutter before baking it so I have tiny training treats. I love that the recipe is so modifiable. I use wheat free flour and whatever allergin-free meat I have on hand. Usually I use canned sardines since they're lower in sodium usually and it's harder to find canned salmon without added salt or tuna without soy bean oil, which my dogs are ALSO allergic to.

My spoo has a sensitive tummy and this doesn't upset it!!
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3