GO!

SunBeam Gourmet dog treat recipes

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 7:29am PST 
Which recipes have folks tried and which do your dogs like? The PB seemed to be very easy to make and the dogs like them. The Bacon Biscuits are more trouble to make but the dogs absolutely LOVE them. I was thinking of trying the chicken broth and the cheese recipes...any comments?
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 7:56pm PST 
My SunBeam Gourmet dog treat maker is in a box under the tree. My person is making us wait until Christmas. We were thinking of trying the peanut butter recipe first. I'm glad to hear that they like them.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 9:03am PST 
Usually I hate dealing with PB but they were really easy. I'm using mine to make treats to share so hoped to hear what other dogs besides my hog dogs liked. Enjoy!
[notify]

Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 11:42am PST 
I haven't seen this yet. Is it an appliance like a George Foreman grill or something? Where'd you get yours? Sounds interesting...
[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 1:38pm PST 
Yes, it is the SunBeam Gourmet Pet Treat Maker available at Petsmart. They had a black Friday sale so I picked up one.
[notify]
Fritz

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 7:45pm PST 
I missed the sale, but had to have one. They are like a waffle iron for making dog treat/bones.
[notify]
Leopold

Chihuahua +- Shiba Inu =- Chiba Inu???

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 3:38pm PST 
My dogs absolutely love chicken apple pie biscuits. I use garbanzo bean flour, applesauce, canola oil, chicken broth, cinnamon, and eggs. They are very easy to make and all four of my chowhounds eat them up. By the way, I would be really careful about giving a dog dairy, as many can’t tolerate it very easily.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 9:12am PST 
hey does anyone have the original recipes, i misplaced my pamphlet that came with mine and the link on sunbeams website is not loading. the pups are getting really anxious because we promised them some christmas cookies before we realized that we did not have the recipes.....
[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 9:15am PST 
hey does anyone have the original recipes, i misplaced my pamphlet that came with mine and the link on sunbeams website is not loading. the pups are getting really anxious because we promised them some christmas cookies before we realized that we did not have the recipes.....
[notify]
Fritz

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 7:50am PST 
Chicken broth biscuit
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 3/4 cup chicken broth

Peanut Butter bones
1 1/4 cup wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup water
1/3 cup peanut butter

Bacon Biscuits
1/ 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 TBS baking powder
2 eggs
1 cup low fat milk
2 TSP canola oil
1 tbs bacon drippings
4 pieces of bacon

Wheat free and Gluten free Biscuits
1/14 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/8 cup canola oil
1 cup almond milk

Greek yogurt frosting 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup corn starch
1 tsp milk

Banana icing 1/2 medium banana
1tsp water
1/8 cup corn starch.

Okay for the biscuits, mix dry ingredients, stir together wet ingredients, mash or crumple any additives such as bacon, bananas.... mix it all together, should be thin enough to pour, preheat treat maker for 10 minutes. Use a spatula or other safe utensil to bush bone batter into end of bones, bake 15 minutes and cool on wire racks.

Frosting, stir all ingredients until smooth, mash anything that needs to be mashed like the banana before stirring together.

I hope you found some recipes, since you request was a few days old, I just saw it. If you did find other recipes, would you please share them with us?
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2