GO!

Glucosamine Dog Treat Recipe?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Qira

The Diva

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 2:43pm PST 
Does anyone out there have a recipe for dog treats that includes glucosamine? Salmon oil would also be a bonus. It would obviously have to be a no-bake one as baking glucosamine can change the properties of it.

Thanks.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 7:08pm PST 
What about offering a raw piece of very jointed meaty bone? Raw chicken foot perhaps? The only reference I have ever found as to how much glucosamine is in cartilage was 5% in wet cartilage. That comes to about an ounce and equals the amount of joint supplement Max gets per day.

I used to grind up the joint supplement and mix with a spoon of canned green tripe or peanut butter. Could just do that and use as a kong stuffing. Mix that with something like dried milk and you could have a no bake dough for a soft treat.
[notify]
max

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 6:55am PST 
I have share a authentic recipes which contain the Glucosamin ..I remain skeptical about you'll find one. Depending on if you heat or cook the pooch treat, the glucosamine won't do him a touch of exceptional. Why wouldn't they actually purchase the glucosamine chondroitin in pill shape and give him the pills. Assuming that he won't swallow them wrapped in something, they can do it the obsolete designed way.

Did the vet recommend that glucosamine? Depending on if the puppy's that gravely harmed, unquestionably he's taking something else besides. 3000mg day by day is a gigantic dosage...
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 11:29pm PST 
I finely grind crab and lobster shells in a coffee grinder and sprinkle some over food. Most dogs like it because it's fishy. Actual supplements are probably your best bet though.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 10:15pm PST 
Thanks for share.....kissing
[notify]