GO!

Potatoes to discourage coprophagia??

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Eduardo

Mr. Personality

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 6:22am PST 
Coprophagia is usually caused by hunger, starvation, lack of a certain nutrient, or poor digestion. I recommend trying your dogs on Only Natural Pet Ultimate Daily Canine Vitamins Plus. I give this to Eduardo daily, mixed in with some ground raw meat. This is the only time I used ground meats. Dogs do not need any starch in their diet.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 9:15pm PST 
Ah! Now this is a theory I am very much willing to test. One of my dogs is very much drawn to eating the poop of my other dogs, which can be very annoying. I'll go try this out. Thanks!
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 6:15am PST 
It is extremely unlikely switching the carbohydrate source to potato will discourage this problem. If the dog is healthy and eating a balanced diet poop isn't filling any holes in nutrition. It is a behavioral problem, not nutrition related. Sassy came to us as a huge cat poop eater. With us she only had access to cat poop during walks and I was vigilant about digging it out of her mouth she stopped lunging for it after a while. She continued to lunge and get horse, rabbit and other poop as I didn't or couldn't get to it fast enough to get it away from her.
[notify]

Sausage

feed me

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 7:06pm PST 
I've always heard pineapple.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2