GO!

Are there any recipes that makes a large amount for freezing?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Sir Winston- Tater Tot

Barked: Tue May 29, '12 8:03am PST 
I am about to adopt an alaskan malamute puppy tonight and would prefer to feed him homecooked meals and also give raw foods every once in awhile. I am having a hard time finding recipes that make enough to freeze the rest and thaw when needed. He will be a big boy (he's a giant mal/wakon) so he will eat a lot... most of the recipes would be just a snack for him when he gets bigger. I know I could probably double (or x10 the recipe) but are there any recipes that you guys know of that are already meant for making a huge batch and freezing to last a week or two?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue May 29, '12 3:45pm PST 
I ran into space issues multiplying recipes. My kitchen was covered with rice and chicken goo and every pot, pan and bowl was full of something or another when I made up 29 meals for Sassy. That would come to about 23000 calories that might only be 10 meals for a big dog.

Dogs were quite happy with the mess however. Lots of bowls and pans to clean up for me. That time Sassy didn't get into the cooked chicken bones when I put the bones into the trash but that would have made the day even more fun for the dogs and less fun for me.

I ended up cooking up the meat stuff and freezing in daily bits and then cooking the space hog grains daily with the meaty stuff. Sassy didn't get veggies but they would be quite space saving cooked and packed in daily bits as well.
[notify]