GO!

Christmas Themed Dog Biscuits?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

♥ Mya- ♥

Born to Retrieve

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '11 12:21pm PST 
Does anybody have a recipe for some dog biscuits that you can put some kind of dog friendly icing or yogurt or cream cheese or something on? I have a basic dog biscuit recipe, but what do you dogsters have in your recipe books?
[notify]
Torie

If you can roll- in the dirt, do- it!

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '11 4:59pm PST 
You could take your basic dog bones and frost them with green or red tinted cream cheese. It would take a LOT of food coloring to make them red but maybe not so much to make them green.
Or you could find a cutter for human cookies and make the dog biscuits with them. I am not much for this sort of thing but for the right person sounds like fun.

--des
[notify]
Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Sun Dec 11, '11 8:03am PST 
Well Christmas themed you could add a little peppermint extract, they'd smell and taste goodblue dog Maybe whole cranberries added for red color and more Christmasy?
[notify]

Remington's- Saturday- Night Spe

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Sun Dec 11, '11 9:32am PST 
Here is a recipe I have for making a dough you can cut out with cookie cutters, so you could use Christmas ones.

Mix together 1 C. whole wheat flour, 1/2 c. white flour, 1/4 c. cornmeal, 1/2c. oatmeal, 1/2 c. dry nonfat milk, 1/4c. grated cheese.

Add 1/3 c. oil and mix well with a fork. Then add 2-3 jars meat baby food and 1 egg. Knead the dough with your hands then roll out on a wax-papered covered surface. Use white flour to prevent sticking to your hands, rolling pin, and wax paper. Cut out dough and put the cookies on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on low power (30%-40%) for 3-4 minutes or until fairly dried out.

You could also 'ice' these cookies. What about using that Kong stuffin' that comes in a can??
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sun Dec 11, '11 11:07am PST 
Every dog on my list is getting an assortment of :pumpkin-cranberry, duck cranberry goat cheese, cheesey garlic wafers, peanut butter shortbread, plain duck, & beefy pig-in-a-poke pockets.laugh out loud I don't bother with icing. Use your imagination & the sky's the limitsmile
[notify]
Ziggy

Nub Wagger is- his nickname

Barked: Sun Dec 11, '11 7:36pm PST 
http://www.bullwrinkle.com/Assets/Recipes/Recipes.htm
http://www.do gtreatkitchen.com/index.html

heres 2 websites that have tons of recipes for cookies and some with icing on there alsowishes
[notify]
Neeko

I listen...when- I want to

Barked: Sun Dec 18, '11 6:01pm PST 
I made pumpkin-peanut butter cookies, with a gingerbread man cookie cutter. big grin
[notify]
Aina- Aloysius de- LeMaitre

work hard, play- hard

Barked: Thu Dec 22, '11 7:11am PST 
Online, I found a sweet candy cane dog treat recipe. Basically unhealthy though, so I made an overhaul and now it is dog friendly. The usual change: Substituted the all purpose flour (!!!) with a mixture of alternative source flours (whatever was available in the pantry), subʻd regular bouillon (usually high salt, MSG, and fat) with water or homemade no salt broth, subʻd peppermint oil or extract with fresh, finely chopped mint and parsley.
Also made gingerbread cookies with my regular vegan recipe but reduced the sweetness and stuck with the alternative flours. Easy peasy.
[notify]