GO!

My first attempt

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Neeko

I listen...when- I want to

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 1:22pm PST 
I decided to make a kibble topper for my dogs. My house smells fantastic. It's deer season, and I was given some that was killed and processed two days ago. I browned 1 pound of ground meat in a little oil. It was very lean. I then added two chopped red potatoes, one chopped apple, and two chopped carrots. Poured about 2 cups of water over it, and let simmer for 30 minutes. I then beat two eggs, and tempered them with a little of the cooking water before adding in. Added a small amount of dry rosemary, and let cook an additional 10 minutes. There was minimal water left. I ran it through the food processor, and it looks like canned food! The dogs were very excited while I was making it, so we will give it tonight.
[notify]
Ginger- M.I.A.

my first and- finest

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 6:11pm PST 
lucky dogs... sounds delicious. smile
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Tue Nov 15, '11 3:12pm PST 
Let us know how it goes - it sounds really yummy! I found a fish based kibble topper the other day that Dunlop will do absolutely anything for.
[notify]