GO!

Begging! UGH!

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '12 9:28am PST 
"We have been told we are cruel for not feeding them with us or that we should feed them before we eat."

That's really silly. Did the people who give you that advice not have dogs? We feed our dogs first and if we have food they still want our food because it's food and dogs are like always hungry!

Edited by author Sun Jan 1, '12 9:43am PST

[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '12 9:06pm PST 
No actually they do have dogs that unless put outside will attempt to climb onto your plate to eat your food. Their dogs also cannot be trusted if you put a plate with a sandwich on the coffee table and need to go back to the kitchen for a drink because when you get back they will be eating your food. Hubby and I can leave 2 complete steak dinners on our coffee table,return to the kitchen completely out of sight to get whatever we may have forgotten and come back to two dogs laying quietly where they were when we left the room. We're very proud of the way our pups behave at mealtimes. Even the grandkids know to tell the dogs "Not your food" and they will have their food untouched when they return to their plates.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 11:21am PST 
applause way to go

That's awesome! Your pups are very well behaved and well trained around food. Your and your pups should be the example to those who say you are cruel for not feeding them with you or before you.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 2:29am PST 
Many years ago we had a GSD that was a food thief,she was fine about not begging but you could not leave tour food unattended. When we got our Akita/Gsd mix we gave the new method a try and it worked great so we used it again on Mika,then Kai. It's been more than 15 years since we've had to worry about wether or not our food would be where we put it when we got back so although we have been criticized we'll just keep doing it our way and let their behavior speak for itself. Thank-you for the positive comment. I really appreciate hearing that I did something good instead of how mean I am.hug
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2