GO!

holidays and safe homecooked foods?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 9:11am PST 
Ok cooks! What is a safe food that you make for the holidays that can transfer to dogs too? Mine is turkey!!
[notify]
The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 10:37am PST 
On Thanksgiving the hounds get their only home cooked meal of the year! They get cooked turkey (no skin), dressing (no onions), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans (no onions), a bit of cranberry sauce, and special pumpkin pie that I make for them!

Once a year doesn't hurt them, especially since they get raw the other 364 days of the yearbig grin They get a few scraps on Christmas, but not an entire meal like on Thanksgiving!
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 5:24pm PST 
Mine each get their own plate, similar to HoB +3, but with white potatoes, too. And of course, their favorite, whipped cream without sugar!big grin
[notify]

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 6:48pm PST 
Dr. Watson, I believe my hounds actually enjoy Thanksgiving more than Christmas! After the humans finish eating Thanksgiving lunch, the hounds all get their plates! After they finish they all conk out and sleep for a couple of hours while the humans put up the outdoor Christmas decorations laugh out loud
[notify]
Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 7:55pm PST 
My dogs won't touch cranberry sauce! But I like the idea of white potatoes and no sugar whipped cream and may serve that for them! Mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes wouldn't be good...I put ALOT of bad things in them that are yummmmy smile Maybe before I put them in I can save some aside.
[notify]

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 8:46pm PST 
Our mashed potatoes just have butter, sour cream, and milk... not exactly healthy, but a little won't hurtwink
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Nov 15, '11 10:26pm PST 
Mine gets cooked chicken and a little bit of baked ham (not too much because it's salty.) Also cooked pork. As a matter of fact we pretty much forget the raw over the x-mas break. laugh out loud My relatives will be poking food into him from all angles.
[notify]
Hazel

Noise Police

Barked: Sun Nov 20, '11 3:36pm PST 
Unseasoned turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato, green beans, and canned pumpkin with a sprinkle of cinnamon over it.
[notify]