GO!

What's in Your Food Bowl?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Song Shi

The Dog Who- Would be an- Herbivore

Barked: Sun Oct 23, '11 4:14pm PST 
I saw this thread on the raw feeding forum and thought us homecookers deserved one of our own!

Song Shi had homemade Kaptin's Krunchy Kibble. It is a homemade kibble and I used 6 cups whole wheat flour, 2 cups milk powder, 2 teaspoons bone meal, 1 cup wheat germ, 1/2 dried parsley, 1 teaspoons salt, 4 eggs, 1 cup safflower oil, 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 3 cups water, 4 cups cooked ground beef, 2 cups sweet potato baby food, 1.5 cups apple baby food, and 2 cups canned spinach. Well, Song Shi absolutely loves it! I feed a HUGE variety of homecooked food, so there is never any nutritional problems here.

PS: If you stick with only a couple recipes they must be balanced. But if you feed a large variety, not every recipe has to include 100% of what your dog needs. Kind of like how people eat! We get everything we need, just not all in one sitting. Same philosphy as the raw diet...just easier on the tummy!

What are you other doggies having?
[notify]

Barked: Wed Oct 26, '11 4:06pm PST 
My dinner was ground beef, beef liver, oatmeal, rutabagas, carrots, peas, zucchini, eggs, yogourt, blueberries. Sandy loved it.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Oct 27, '11 12:13pm PST 
Song Shi, that sounds good. How do you cook that? Do you just mix it all together and brown it in a pan on the stovetop or bake it?
[notify]

Stella- "Blue"

Puttin' my freak- on!

Barked: Sun Oct 30, '11 3:55pm PST 
Chicken, pork, brown rice, peas, apple, yogurt.
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Sun Oct 30, '11 4:24pm PST 
White potatoes, beets, and canned mackerel all mashed together.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Oct 30, '11 9:24pm PST 
Brown beef. Add ground up vegetables , liver and oatmeal. Add water about inch over mixture. Cook till most of water is absorbed. Turn off heat. Beat eggs and pour over mixture. Stir in. Eggs will cook by the heat of the mixture. Serve with yogourt and blueberries on the side. I also add ground eggshell for calcium before serving.

Edited by author Sun Oct 30, '11 9:26pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Sun Oct 30, '11 9:36pm PST 
Tonight's dinner was lamb, beef liver, green beans, rice, eggs, ricotta cheese. banana. Beakfast was chicken, chicken liver, sweetpotatoes, peas.
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Mon Oct 31, '11 7:43am PST 
ground beef, chicken, brown rice, carrots and greenbeans.
[notify]
Stella- "Blue"

Puttin' my freak- on!

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 3:10pm PST 
Chicken, gizzards, spinach and brown rice. Pot roast cooking for tomorrow smile
[notify]