Peanut Butter- for Breakfast
|Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 4:08am PST |
|Here is one for Banana Carob Chip Cake. I made it for Christine's birthday and will probably make it again next year. I see Darwin already gave you the recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting. That's good!
Banana Carob Chip Cake
1 cup canola oil
4 organic eggs
2 cups unbleached flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened craob chips, chopped
1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the canol oil and brown rice syrup at medium speed. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each one is added.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon onto a piece of waxed paper. Add the sifted ingredients to the egg-oil mixture, and beat until they are thoroughly combined. Fold in the bananas and carob chips.
4. Divide the batter between the two cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing the pans and transferring the cake to a cooling rack.
5. Allow the cake layers to cool completely before frosting them. Forst with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Sorry, Darwin...I kind of used your recipe, but with my own ingredients. I hope you don't mind. It was just so well written!