GO!

Birthday cake recipe? help

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Caleb

Duck Chaser

Barked: Thu Sep 29, '11 1:58pm PST 
Its caleb's birthday on Monday and I need recipe ideas. way to go
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu Sep 29, '11 6:05pm PST 
Here's a few threads with birthday cake recipes:
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Home_Prepared_Food_Recipes/t hread/675645
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Home_Prepared_Food_Recip es/thread/702965
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Home_Prepared_Food_R ecipes/thread/715698
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Home_Prepared_Fo od_Recipes/thread/708761

ETA: Dogster was kind enough to add spaces in the links where they don't belong so you'll need to delete them to make the links work.

Edited by author Thu Sep 29, '11 6:07pm PST

[notify]
Darwin

I Prefer Oatmeal- Over Meat

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 4:00am PST 
Here is Darwin's favorite cake. It is called Carrot Cake with Turkey Sausage Crumbles.

1 cup canola oil
4 organic eggs
2 cups unbleached flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
1/2 cup turkey sausage, cooked
1 recipe cream cheese frosting (I'll include that below)

1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Gease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the canola oil and brown rice syrup at medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one is added.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon onto a piece of waxed paper. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the mixing bowl, and beat until mixed. Fold in the shredded carrots and turkey sausage.
4. Divide the batter between the cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing the pans and transferring the cake onto a cooling rack.
5. Allow the cake layers to cool completely before frosting. Frost with cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla

Cream the softened cream cheese into a mixter until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla. Beat the mixture until it is smooth and creamy. Using an offset spatula, frost the cake layers with a thin layer of cream cheese forsting. Redrigerate the cake for 20 minutes before applying a second layer of frosting.
[notify]

Christine

Peanut Butter- for Breakfast

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 4:08am PST 
Here is one for Banana Carob Chip Cake. I made it for Christine's birthday and will probably make it again next year. I see Darwin already gave you the recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting. That's good!

Banana Carob Chip Cake

1 cup canola oil
4 organic eggs
2 cups unbleached flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened craob chips, chopped
1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting

1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the canol oil and brown rice syrup at medium speed. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each one is added.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon onto a piece of waxed paper. Add the sifted ingredients to the egg-oil mixture, and beat until they are thoroughly combined. Fold in the bananas and carob chips.
4. Divide the batter between the two cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing the pans and transferring the cake to a cooling rack.
5. Allow the cake layers to cool completely before frosting them. Forst with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Sorry, Darwin...I kind of used your recipe, but with my own ingredients. I hope you don't mind. It was just so well written! big grin
[notify]
Caleb

Duck Chaser

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 7:08am PST 
o wow thanks a lot guys , great ideas smile
[notify]

Barked: Thu Oct 13, '11 5:10am PST 
Coconut brownie cake is luscious from all other cakes.Cake recipes are given by monginis cake shop for trying at home.
[notify]
Torie

If you can roll- in the dirt, do- it!

Barked: Wed Oct 19, '11 4:19pm PST 
The coconut brownie mix sounds great for people. Dogs not so much.

--des
[notify]