GO!

What's for dinner tonight?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '11 8:40am PST 
I only ground eggshells once. I used the back of a spoon and a ceramic dish after I boiled the eggshells (in case any pesticides or bacteria on them? Not sure if that's why, but I had read to.) It was a boring timelaugh out loud Only the bottom seemed to be getting to the actual powder. But do you still feed an RMB every day? Maybe that is enough calcium to not worry about powder?
[notify]
Hazel

Noise Police

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '11 3:39pm PST 
Hucky, I have used a small food processor for eggshells. A coffee grinder would work too. You can find these cheap at Walmart/Target - like $10.
But be warned, it makes a horrible noise! Grinding eggshells hurts my ears way worse than grinding ice cubes. If I were doing this frequently, I would just use human-grade bone meal from a health store.
[notify]
Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '11 7:16pm PST 
Even some human grade bone meal has heavy metals frown
You can get one that says tested and contains no lead, mercury, or other metals though.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2