GO!

Balancing the Diet in 21 Easy Steps

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 5 of 9: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Thu Jun 24, '10 9:22pm PST 
Bump!
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Sat Jul 17, '10 1:47pm PST 
bump
[notify]
♥The- Brat- Pack♥-

This is just the- way we roll!!!

Barked: Sun Jul 25, '10 12:28am PST 
Hey Sedona the link wont work for me! I downloaded it and it keeps saying windows cannot find program.
[notify]

Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 9:58pm PST 
blue dog
for Stevie!
[notify]
Winnie Mae

Just let me jump- it!

Barked: Wed Sep 22, '10 6:18pm PST 
Hi guys!

I'm considering switching Winnie to home cooked, but I don't know what supplement I should use, or how to go about figuring out the levels of all the vitamins in each serving of the supplement.

Any suggestions for me?

Thanks (BTW Sedona, you are a genius!)

Winnie Mae
[notify]
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Wed Sep 22, '10 8:31pm PST 
I figured out I could make a custom 'food' for the supplements on ND and add them to the recipe. Here is a super easy one. Usually I needed to use custom entry as otherwise you have to calculate % of requirement which is an extra step for most supplements.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/1434478/2

The point of the 21 steps is to formulate a recipe without using any supplements! If you work hard enough you can do it all except for calcium.

Here is my egg shell calcium.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/1145333/2
[notify]
Winnie Mae

Just let me jump- it!

Barked: Thu Sep 23, '10 7:46am PST 
Tanks, Sassy! If Winnie continues to respond negatively to kibble (we've tried many, many different proteins/grains/grain free, etc.) then we'll try home cooking out, though how we're going to find a ground meat other than chicken or beef is beyond me!
[notify]
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Thu Sep 23, '10 9:40am PST 
I found that my food processor could chop cooked meats but not raw. So Sassy could have chicken, beef from any cut, pork and lamb on rare occasions.

Food isn't medicine but it is the foundation for health so good you are being so observant here. Sassy was stinky and had anal sac issues on any kibble but was better on home cooked food. I never thought food was the problem but even for that minor issue a change sure made the difference.
[notify]
Winnie Mae

Just let me jump- it!

Barked: Thu Sep 23, '10 10:33am PST 
Oops, my last post started with "Tanks, Sassy" red face

But thanks again! It can be all so overwhelming sometimes, and you guys sure make it easier here!
[notify]
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Wed Oct 13, '10 1:01pm PST 
Bump!
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 9: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9