GO!

Food dehydrator Help!

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 45)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Bailey

Barked: Sun Feb 26, '12 2:46pm PST 
I just bought a dehydrator and have already done tons of chicken for Bailey and my moms dogs...we don't want to give them that yucky stuff from china. Has anyone dehydrates pork?? My mom is worried about them catching worms from the pork...so should I cook it first??
[notify]
Macy

Back Off! I- really don't- like strangers!

Barked: Sun Feb 26, '12 3:06pm PST 
Have read repeatedly on here that freezing for an extended period takes care of bacteria, too. I made Turkey Jerky for Macy with my dehydrator from wild turkey that had been in the freezer for awhile. She loves it!
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Feb 26, '12 5:42pm PST 
Fave dehydrated goodies for us are chicken jerky (the person I buy it from slices up breast and dehydrates it raw), lamb tongues, liver and chicken feet.

My mum's dog has dehydrated pig feet but only done at a very low temp so the bone does not cook.

I get ground up dried liver and sprinkle it on his raw meals as part of his organ requirement as he does not like raw organ, oh so easy!

I'm super jealous of your new purchase! Happy treat making!
[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 27, '12 9:52pm PST 
Don't forget to skip the salt!
[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 27, '12 9:53pm PST 
Dehydrated rice or sweet potatoes are good. applause
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 45)  
1  2  3  4  5