GO!

Miss Maggie is a big girl

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Maggie

How can you- resist this- face?

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '07 12:44pm PST 
Hello all,

I bought my dog from a breeder about a year and a half ago. Her mother was 10 pounds and her father was a whopping 14. When she was a puppy, she was a bit bigger than her siblings, so we thought she'd probably be more like her dad's size. Maggie is now full grown and is a whopping 20 pounds!! She is not fat at all as she is proportionately bigger than every other Havanese we have ever met. She is probably 2-4 inches taller and longer than everyone else! Everyone always argues with me whether or not she is pure bred or they try to tell me she is "probably a small Tibetan." Maggie gets very offended by this! Does anyone else have an unusually large Hav?

Edited by author Mon Jul 2, '07 12:44pm PST

[notify]
Kahlua

I am an ewok

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '07 7:56pm PST 
Mine is about 7 kilos, which is about 15 pounds. So. I guess she's a big girl too! She's very solid, with no fat. The vet says she's in perfect condition. She has very powerful legs and is a super fast runner.
[notify]
Glory- (Liveoak'sOo- psIDidItAgai

Glory Girl

Barked: Mon Apr 7, '08 3:21pm PST 
wave I'm Glory and I weigh a big 18 lbs. I need to lose about 2-3 lbs and they have me on reduced diet food....I have lost about 1.5 lbs in the last 3 months!! And, yes, I am a purebreed Hav from a reputable breeder with 2 champions as parents!!
[notify]

Sophie

I love my Mommy- the best!

Barked: Mon Feb 2, '09 6:39am PST 
Sophie is almost 2 yrs old...22 pounds...solid as a rock too. I guess you just never know how heavy they are going to be!
[notify]