GO!

Grooming...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Fri May 25, '07 7:09am PST 
Does your pawrents do your grooming? My mum was thinking of doing mine...but is a bit nervous...

Also, do you get any type of supplement for your fur? If so, what?
[notify]
Paige

Miss Paige-Diva

Barked: Fri May 25, '07 5:04pm PST 
I do not groom either pupster-I do give them a bath once a week & blow them dry & brush them after that. But any really heavy grooming-trimming-nails-etc. I have a pro do it.
[notify]
Oliver

Got to find that- sqeaker!

Barked: Sat May 26, '07 7:30am PST 
I agree with Paige.
River I would love to do all the grooming but I'm nervous!
We have a wonderful groomer who Oliver seems to love!! (we got lucky!)
[notify]

River

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '07 6:12am PST 
Well!! I had my first haircut last night! and I was none to happy!laugh out loudlaugh out loud But Mum says I look cute...so I guess we will go with that! BOL!!! I bit the lady..red facered facered face so she had to put a muzzle on mered facered face but other than that! all was well!!!laugh out loudlaugh out loudbig laughbig laugh xoxo River
[notify]
River

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 4:19pm PST 
OK...2nd haircut tonight!!!big laughbig laugh That lady won't come back if I bite her again!!!big laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh
[notify]
Oliver

Got to find that- sqeaker!

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '07 7:00am PST 
River--you didn't did you?frownshock
[notify]
McBee

I'm adorable, so- you have to love- me!

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 8:20pm PST 
I am just 7 months old, but so far, Mom has done all the grooming. She combs me every day. I didn't like it at first, and sometimes I still don't. I bite the comb when I'm not happy. Mom keeps a toy close by that I can bite when I get nervous, and there are lots of threats and praise when I hold still for a brush stroke or two. We do get a few matts that need to be cut out but so far nothing big enough to show. Mom wants to see how I look in my adult coat before trimming me. Then, if it's too much work she will take me to the groomer.
[notify]
Chester

I'm the- Prince of- Fluffyness!

Barked: Sun Aug 5, '07 12:36am PST 
Mommy does my grooming because she found the groomer way too expensive. smile So she got herself some good scissors, etc and just tried. The first time was a bit difficult but now noone can tell that I haven't been to a professional groomer. I also like it much better when she's doing it. At the groomer I was always shaking even though mom stayed with me. red face
[notify]
Poco- Tequilla

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '07 6:25am PST 
Mommy & Daddy take me to a groomer now. They need to brush me everyday because apparently I am losing my puppy fur and my adult fur is comming in, causing my fur to be very matted. So I have been going to this very nice lady every two weeks to give me a good brushing, but I really don't mind because she is very nice to me. It's like a vacation from all my silly brothers and sisters when I go to see her.
[notify]
Pepper

Pepper - The Little Imp

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '07 9:56pm PST 
My mommy gives me weekly baths and brushes my coat every night. She takes me to a groomer, a nice lady, every month for some extra special care...like a pedicure, sanitary trim, and to pluck some ear hairs (if needed).

But all my baths are done at home. dancing
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2