GO!

avoderm doesn't supply ingredient list, frustrating

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 5:17pm PST 
I needed a good dog conditioner for my dog who has dry skin and coat most the time.
I was surprised that avoderm didn't list ingredients on their product. Why would you buy something without knowing what it is?

I emailed them and they won't give it out. They will tell you if something specific is in it but they won't say what, they will just say "some of the things you listed are"

I want to know what percent is actual good stuff and not just water. So I know what I am paying for.

I understand the whole keeping your recipe a secret or whatever they think they are doing. but can't they just put a patent on it and be like every other product and tell the customers their ingredients?

I really had high hopes for their product but I don't want to use products blindly. and I'm frustrated that they won't even give a paying customer information about the product.

anyway. anybody else been through this at all?
anyone use avoderm's shampoo/conditioner?
anyone to suggest other good dog conditioners? really good stuff. not mostly water.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 6:58pm PST 
Have you checked out Tropiclean Kiwi Conditioner, Earthbath Creme Rinse & Conditioner, or Mane 'n Tail Conditioner?
[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Aug 3, '13 9:59am PST 
yes I have frown
[notify]

Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Aug 3, '13 10:19am PST 
Liquid shampoos and soaps are most often going to be mostly water because the added water is what helps it become a liquid so unless you make your own it's pretty difficult avoid liquid shampoos and soaps with a lot of added water. But if you really don't want anything with added water try looking for a shampoo/conditioner bar. There are quite a few that are marketed for pets. You may also want to try something made from whole colloidal oatmeal like Rub-a-Dub Oats All Natural Oatmeal Bath Soother. Another good option might be castile soap which is made from olive oil. Good luck!

Edited by author Sat Aug 3, '13 10:20am PST

[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Thu Aug 8, '13 9:40am PST 
Hi Cookie, I came across this leave in conditioner today called Warren London Hydrating Butter for Skin and Coat, and thought you might be interested in checking it out if you haven't already seen it before. smile

Here's the link:
http://www.warrenlondon.com/products/hydrating-butter-for-skin-coa t
(Please remember to remove any spaces that may appear.)

Edited by author Thu Aug 8, '13 9:45am PST

[notify]