GO!

Dental Care?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Barked: Tue Jul 30, '13 6:25pm PST 
Hello,

How often should someone brush their dogs teeth? I just think that people should brush them everyday. What is your opinion?
[notify]
Zeea

Barked: Wed Jul 31, '13 2:59pm PST 
I think that you should brush a dogs teeth once a week (or that is what we say at the PetSmart grooming salon).

I'm sure you may know this but for those that don't dog tooth paste is enzymatic, which means you just need to get it on the teeth to work. big grin
[notify]
Monkey

Monkey face

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 1:16pm PST 
Plaque sticks to the teeth at the 24 hour mark, it does have to be done every day. Once a week isn't going to cut it, unfortunately.
[notify]

Dexter

Barked: Mon Aug 19, '13 7:35am PST 
I am a Dental Hygienist (for people) lol. Teeth are teeth IMO. Plaque will start to harden into tarter in 24 hours. Therefore to prevent buildup on your pups teeth you need to remove the plaque once a day (every 24 hours). Chewing on bones and ropes and things also provide some plaque removal. My dogs oral health is very important to me. I brush his teeth before bed every night. If your dog doesn't like it, let him lick some coconut oil of your fingers while you introduce the brush to him. Coconut oil has amazing qualities and helps reduce bacteria in the mouth and freshen breath.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 2:14am PST 
it,s not necessaries to brush your dog's teethes dally, Whenever your dog breath smells bad you can brush. But one thing remember only with the Dog Tooth brush not any brush.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 5:04am PST 
Guest...by the time the dog's breath smells bad it is too late to brush, that tartar is already formed and cannot be removed by simply brushing.
Daily is best, just like with us humans, but several times a week will also help.
Brush choice is also up to you, the owner. I use a human brush for all my dogs and have no issues with them at all.
[notify]
CINNAMON

Sweet & loving- life!

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 3:20pm PST 
Why wait for bad breath? That's kinda too late.....

I brushed Chloe's teeth every day since I got her at 6 weeks & her teeth were GREAT until she passedcry in February at 16.

Cinnamon loves to have her teeth brushed because she loves to lick the doggie toothbrushsmile She is used to it & looks forward to itsmile

Edited by author Tue Oct 15, '13 3:21pm PST

[notify]