GO!

Help! My mini schnauzer got his hair cut too short.

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Other posts by this user

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 3:16pm PST 
So we took our 3 month old puppy for a trim. He looked like a cute little teddy bear and now he looks like a super serious adult schnauzer. I want my little fluffball back. Any experience with how fast his coat will come back? Will it grow faster since he is still a puppy? I am mortified and never want his hair cut again!! Please some reassurance.....
[notify]
Obi

Sassy Britches!

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 4:39pm PST 
Don't worry, Hair grows back!hug
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 5:11pm PST 
Thanks! I know it will grow back but I miss how he used to look. Will a puppy's hair grow back fast? I know I must seem silly.
[notify]

Monkey

Monkey face

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 6:11pm PST 
Did they ask you if you wanted a schnauzer clip?
If yes, and you said yes, then relax. The hair will grow back in a few short weeks.

If they didn't ask what you wanted, then you need to find a stylist with better communication skills.

Regardless, stop feeling mortified when you look at your puppy. He will pick up on it and think he did something wrong.
[notify]
Artemis- Entreri

Master Assassin!

Barked: Sat Jul 20, '13 4:02pm PST 
Because I hear this all the time, I can't help but chuckle at your post lol
I've had clients come in and request things like not wanting their poodle to look like a poodle or their shihtzu not to look like a shihtzu etc. It just seems silly to me big laugh

All laughs aside though, if its not what you requested then I would talk to the groomer about it or find a groomer willing to listen to you better.
[notify]
Clancy

Barked: Sat Jul 20, '13 4:57pm PST 
Thanks for the replies. I know it will grow back but I do not like the signature schnauzer cut. This does not mean I do not like the schnauzer and it does not mean I shouldn't have chosen this breed. All women do not need to have long hair and all men do not need short hair. It is personal preference and it should be this way for dogs too. I love my little man and I don't want him to look like he is ready for the show ring because he was not brought in to our family for that purpose. I will probably learn to groom him myself since I guess I am picky and have his vet trim the ears, feet and private areas for sanitary reasons. Sorry to go on but I wanted to explain myself.
[notify]
Artemis- Entreri

Master Assassin!

Barked: Sat Jul 20, '13 9:54pm PST 
I meant no offense and I apologize if I did offend you. I chuckle because as a groomer its sort of drilled into your head how purebred breeds are 'supposed' to look. I'm not saying they have to look like the breed standard. I groom many purebred dogs that look nothing like their breed standard, because it does boil down to preference, hence why my Pom is currently rocking a full body red mohawk.
It'll always amuse me regardless though big grin
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sat Jul 20, '13 10:28pm PST 
Artemis - my salon manager and I were just talking the other day about how often people bring us poodles or poodle mixes and we get the "We don't want them to look like a poodle!" line. But then people ask for a short cut with a shaved face. What exactly do these people think a poodle looks like?
[notify]
Clancy

Barked: Sun Jul 21, '13 5:23am PST 
No worries. I am not offended. Before I got him though, I was reading so many things where the opinion was "a schnauzer should have a schnauzer cut" and they kind of made me feel like a bad parent. Now I realize I can have him look however I want and he will be just as happy, intelligent and adorable as a schnauzer with the "schnauzer cut".

I may have wishful thinking but I think I already see bits of hair peeking up from the tops of his ears. It will only get better (or longer) haha from here.
[notify]
Zoe

I Bark,- Therefore I Am

Barked: Sun Jul 21, '13 6:45am PST 
This is why Zoe gets groomed about every 6 weeks. I like to keep her clipped short, her hair is fine and gets tons of tangles.

So your little guy will be a fluffy pup in no time. Just have patience. way to go

And welcome to Dogster!

Edited by author Sun Jul 21, '13 6:46am PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2