GO!

Grooming discounts. Should it be taken out of the groomers commision?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Barked: Thu Jul 11, '13 12:48pm PST 
I just started grooming at a vet hosp that has not had a groomer for at least six months. In order to alert their clientele that grooming was now available, they sent out post cards with a 10% "new groomer" discount.
I thought it was a good idea until I found out that it was being taken out of my commission.
This does not seem right to me since I am an employee and feel the business should take that hit.
I am not sure what the norm is since I was at my previous job for 20 years and never had this issue come up. I am trying to keep my cool about it but also angry because they never discussed this with me
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Jul 11, '13 2:01pm PST 
I work in a Petco grooming salon and most coupons/discounts do come out of our commission, which I also think is bogus. It's not like we're doing any less work. But unfortunately, groomers don't set the policies and have no say in the matter.
[notify]
Darcy

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 2:40am PST 
Grooming discounts come out of the commision of the groomer, but I don't think that's right.
[notify]