GO!

People Allergies?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 11:55am PST 
Well my boyfriend was thought to be allergic to just the dog's salivia, but now I feel he is allergic to the whole dog. Whenever he comes over and pets her, he will get itchy hands and an itchy face. I tell him to not touch her and if he does to wash his hands and not touch his eyes or face. I feel bad because we want to move in together soon, but i feel it may not work. cry I am at a loss, she gets bathed pretty often to keep her clean, but what else can i do to cut down the allergies?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 4:05pm PST 
I was that allergic to our bunny and kept it under control just with hand washing. Might banish the dog to her own bed and keep that washed to catch a lot of fur and dander. Brush her outside so loose fur and dander don't fly around the room maybe?

He can be her best buddy by playing with and walking her rather than cuddling and petting too.
[notify]
Shoe-Toe

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 6:07pm PST 
see if your boyfriend can get pills for his allergies
[notify]

Barked: Mon Mar 18, '13 1:20am PST 
If it is possible, try to get your boyfriend away from your dog. Seeing that his hands and face become itchy when he touches the dog, I suggest that he stop petting the dog. Once you and your boyfriend eventually move in together, try and isolate him from the dog.

You may also want to get him to see a doctor so he can be tested for dog allergies and/or prescribed meds like antihistamines for instance.
[notify]