GO!

Color dyed dogs?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 44)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sat Sep 22, '12 7:31am PST 
I would dye some cotton or wool rags the same way he was dyed and try any changes to the rags before bothering the dog with another dye job. He is such a sweetie about all this already. Well except for starting the whole thing off by spilling koolaid in the first place!

Some people in agility will put a colored streak in the fur or carve shapes in poodle type coats, it looks really cute to me. Not sure I would want to dye my dog to the skin completely though.
[notify]
Annie

I know I'm cute- rub my belly!

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '12 8:56pm PST 
Annie rocked a hot pink mohawk on halloween before. Was pretty awesome. I just used some natural organic comb in hair color. It was supposed to wash out but it didn't really. It faded but took a month or so for it to fully grow out. Her hair grows kind of quick.
[notify]
Emma-Gem

I'm the PRINCESS- of the house!

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '12 2:41pm PST 
Check out petedge they have pet specfic dog hair color NEVER USE HUMain hair dyes, you can use (food color, cool aid, "manic panic" but do a "test" strip first (to make sure your pet isnt allegic or irritated to the coloring!!! theirs also a place here in canada "Rens pet place" it's online too they sell coloring also!!
[notify]

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 8:37pm PST 
I would not recommend owners dying their dog's hair with hair dye. Although some claim that there are hair dyes for dogs such as kool aid that are safe, I wouldn't want to think what hidden harm these things could give my dog.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 44)  
1  2  3  4  5