GO!

Trimmer

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 10:49am PST 
Hey Guys,

I've been blowing through these WAHL Pet Touch-Up Trimmer and wanted to know if there's something better I could be using.

Mostly use it on her feet and face, I really want something cordless and small.

Thinking about the Oster Pro Cord/Cordless Trimmer

Let me know what you think! Budget of $100. (Canadian)
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 5:30pm PST 
Find yourself a Wahl arco SE. It has an adjustable blade, and the blade can be sharpened. It is light weight, quiet and comes with TWO batteries so one is always charged and ready. There is a mini Arco, but I do not use my mini much at all. I ONLY use the closest blade length with mine, but the others are there if you need them.
I do between five and six poodles daily with mine and except for having to tape it together because it got dropped off the table, it's been running GREAT for more than five years.
Runs just about $100... less on Ebay sometimes.
You are using plenty of oil on the blades and cleaning them often, right??? Preclipping prior to bathing can really kill blades AND clippers in a big hurry. Failure to keep the blade oiled also makes the whole clipper work harder and hotter which shortens it's life. The Arco runs REALLY cool so hot blades are never an issue.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '12 7:25am PST 
How do I clean my blades? I also have a KM 2-speed for her body.
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '12 8:59am PST 
You get a blade wash, either spray OR oil and follow instructions. We use a spray cleaner/disinfectant between each dog and the regular oil blade wash once a week at which time I take them apart to clean them really well.
[notify]
Ch.- Rushwind's- She Who- Speaks

Thats Ms. Bitch- to you.

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 4:54pm PST 
I've tried many trimmers, the best by FAR is the WAHL Bravmini
[notify]