GO!

Need tips on how to groom a Rough Collie by myself :)

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Sat Jun 23, '12 6:57am PST 
You did the right thing by shaving her. She looks so much happier and congratulations on your new addition. cheer
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '12 5:45am PST 
Thanks everyone! She does seem much happier now and doesn't mind it anymore when I brush her! In fact, she's already learned that "hop up" means get on the picnic table(grooming table now!). smile A whole year for her coat to grow back? Aw..frown well, at least it'll come back and by that time she'll have gotten used to a regular grooming schedule. relieved
[notify]
Cara

The Peanut

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '12 7:48pm PST 
You know, as much as your heart must have broken when you had to shave her, I have to say she is still VERY pretty -- and that can't be said for all dogs who get "emergency shaves"! And now she'll just get prettier and prettier every week.

One thing I would add, which I'm learning the hard way with my new pup -- as her hair grows back in she may benefit from a "sanitary trim" (lots of info online about this) to keep her hair from touching her poop when she goes. Showdogs can't have their hair trimmed for that purpose, but I think for pets, if done with a light touch, it makes life tidier.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2