GO!

Teeth brushing

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Skarlet

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 4:53pm PST 
I was thinking about things things I wanted Skarlet to be used to and I thought, "Hmmmm... brushing her teeth would get her used to having her mouth handled, that'd be good for her."
So today I started brushing her teeth. Alright, it was just one tooth, but it's a start.
I just cannot believe I've never brushed her teeth before this! How gross is that? If she was on a perfect diet it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but she sometimes gets people food. I am kind of a fanatic about brushing my own teeth, I can't believe I never thought about my dog's teeth needing brushed! This is definitely going to become a regular thing.
Has anyone else had a 'duh moment' about this or anything else related?
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 10:20pm PST 
A few of them.
Duh moments no 1 : Bf's dog was scratching and licking and itchy looking. Gave her a bath,checked the yard for dangerous plants, still itchy a week later, second bath oh Duh! It was the shampoo! Last time it was a really nasty invasive weed related to ivy.
[notify]