GO!

How Long Does It Take You To Groom Your Dog/Dogs?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '12 6:43pm PST 
One nice thing about a mild climate is being able to wash the dogs OUTSIDE. When I got Ace, never having had a dog before, I figured there was just no way I'd get her washed inside in the bathtub. But now I can get her on a leash, hose her down, lather up, and rinse in a few minutes. I lay out towels on the garage floor and she rolls all over them so she doesn't even need me to towel her off much. She dries really fast, for a fluffy dog.

I highly recommend outside baths for any big dogs, if it's not too cold.

laugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 8:30pm PST 
Ace,

You can get away with zero towels if you walk her dry. I put a leash on the dog, bath and rinse in the yard with a hose attached to the kitchen sink for warm water and go for a walk along with a bag for the hair and a brush. If you brush the dog completely dry it works a bit like the professional groomer's deshed treatment.

When I did this with Sassy she shed very little for a couple weeks. If I just let her dry naturally she shed horribly instead. Doesn't work as well for Max though. He looks nicer if I use the dog dryer so his neck ruff isn't as wavy and his fur doesn't blow out like Sassy's did.
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 4:57pm PST 
But it's so cute when she's rolling on the towels snorting up a storm laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

Somehow I never feel like *I* want to go for a walk after giving two big dogs a bath. Probably a good idea if I stick to the sidewalks though.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 5:07am PST 
Its totally depend upon your nourishment and exercise pattern of your dog so it is hard to say a fix period of time if your dog is doing daily exercises and taking good diet as dog requires than it will grow faster than normal dogs.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2