GO!

Can I bath them Once a week?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Bella

Barked: Sat May 26, '12 8:32am PST 
Was wondering now that it is summer and already super hot here, can I bathe the dogs once a week? cause they do start to smell after walking outside, or will it make their coats dry if I wash once a week?
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Sat May 26, '12 10:04am PST 
It's fine to wash once a week as long as you are using a good quality shampoo and conditioner. I can't stress enough on quality. Most of your grocery store/pet store brands will dry out the coat and can cause more harm than good.
[notify]
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 8:54am PST 
Good to Know Happy, whould you consider Earthbath good quality shampoo and conditioner? that is what I currtenly use. If not what are some brands you would recommend?
[notify]

Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 6:23pm PST 
I've never personally used it so I can't say one way or the other. I'm a fan of Plush Puppy Australia, but Isle of dog, and Chris Christensen Systems. I'd also recommend Coat Handler products, especially for your yorkie.
[notify]
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 8:21am PST 
Thanks for the recommendationsway to go
Happy for isle of dogs what type of shampoo and conditioner is best?
is there a type that I can use on my Yorkie and Bichon/poodle? or is it best to buy two separate types for both of them? cause it is kind of expensive and I would love to be able to use the same shampoo and conditioner on them just to see if I like it. Happy have you ever used Rosie B good Smoother Than Velvet Vanilla Shea Butter Conditioner? I got it at Petco and it is made by Isle of Dogs.
[notify]