GO!

What do you think is the best whitening shampoo/ grooming products for dogs with white fur?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Ch.- Rushwind's- She Who- Speaks

Thats Ms. Bitch- to you.

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '12 5:51pm PST 
Its ok to use the other scents, its just that when suggesting Dawn to another, you don't know if their dog may be allergic to the dyes or perfumes used in the other scents. The Original Blue one with the wildlife image on it is safe and gentle on all animals.
[notify]
Riley

Mommys spoiled- little boy!

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '12 10:03pm PST 
We use Paul Mitchell Whitening shampoo and so far its the best at getting my dogs really white. I used dawn dish soap for fleas but it didn't do very much for whitening, but that's just me. I get the shampoo from the beauty supply store because I am a licensed hairdresser but have seen it at petsmart and petco.
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '12 10:13pm PST 
Thanks...
Riley, I did try the Paul Mitchell one, it really did not make any difference than a regular shampoo for us...
Toto, with the ultra concentrated one or the wildlife one, it gets diluted, right...? What is the measurement parts...? thanks!!
thanks!! smile
[notify]

Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '12 10:13pm PST 
I use Ivory rather than Dawn... but even As a groomer it's harder to get that white white at home rather than at a salon, and takes about 10 times longer. I'm looking for a cheap recirculating bath system or proprtioner to really get the shampoo in the coat. I have my force dryer but the wiring in my house won't support it (and I can't imagine trying to get all the hair from five border collies up after using a force dryer in the house. It is all about the process, and all about the tools (and how they're used) Good water pressure is important, and it's nice to use a stand dryer or force dryer if you're drying.

As for whiting I like one of two different brands of products.. I'm in love with plush puppy Australia but can't get it easily anymore due to cost. But I can still get Quic Silver/Color. They're a horse product... I actually like Quic Color for the boldest crispest whites, but the silver leaves a lovely sheen on the coat.

I've heard good things about Chris Christensen's line but haven't had the chance to try them out, and when most of what I'm bathing are stock dogs who are going to go back out the next day and roll in the mud the cost isn't worth it for me.
[notify]
Riley

Mommys spoiled- little boy!

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '12 10:33pm PST 
sometimes leaving a whitening shampoo one for 3-5 min makes the world of difference. I know if I don't leave it on that long it wont work as well.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '12 4:58am PST 
You need to be very careful with whitening shampoos.. some of them actually DO contain bleaching ingredients which will quickly dry out the coat, open the hair follicles and then they will absorb even more dirt and be less white.
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '12 10:58am PST 
Thanks Toto..I am looking to use a 8-oz haircoloring bottle from the beauty supply store..How much water to how much Dawn should I mix in the 8 oz bottle..?
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '12 12:47pm PST 
We just add enough water to make it easy to handle so I have NO IDEA what the dilution rate would be. We probably end up with about half and half I would assume??
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '12 3:30pm PST 
Thanks Toto..
I tried to find measurements on google when used as a doggie shampoo and the only one I could find was one teaspoon to one quart water...that seemed severely dilulted....BOL

I do not want it to be too strong but obviously I want the whitening effects...wink

Will play around with it and make sure to rinse-rinse-rinse, and rinse some more!!! wink
[notify]
Zoe

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 4:56pm PST 
Yep, it is true! Dawn will definitely help clean oil and dirt from your dogs coat. I worked with a groomer for a year and bathed all the dogs- all breeds, diff coats, and even an old boy with allergy and big time skin issues. Mix it with your current shampoo or even use it alone on dirtier areas like their feet. Also, Head and Shoulders works good for itchy sensitive dogs. I don't believe either of these products serve as a whitener, though they will clean. I am researching a couple different whitening shampoos now. Oh, I wanted to add that none of the products I have mentioned should be used around your dog's face or eyes- it is not tear less and will burn their eyes.snoopy
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2