GO!

Yoo-Hoo!!! Toto!!! :)))

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Tue Feb 28, '12 5:14pm PST 
Toto---
I so hope you see this...
I finally got that Crown Royale conditioner and I absolutely LOVE it!!!

Frankie's coat has been sooo soft, softer than even when he was just a baby!!! cloud 9

I cannot stop running my hands through his hair!!! cloud 9 cloud 9

I sprayed it on him last night, the first time using it, and believe me, after a nasty brush incident, it was like a gift from above!!! meditate

His shine is coming around, too..I think that is bc we started using the Omega 3 oil from the vet again and also have been giving him a raw egg on occasion...

His fur is really, really looking sooo much better!!! cheer

And the Crown Royale has a soft, pleasant, not overpowering smell, so it is a huge success with the man of the house here, too! wink cheer cheer

How often do you recommend spraying him with it.../
Daily...? Occasionally...? only after a bath...?

I guess you do not get a build-up with it, so I guess it *could* be used daily, right...?

Thanks so much...
We are forever fans!!! cheer cheer cheer
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 4:28am PST 
Yes, it IS nice stuff!!!
But... it DOES build up on their hair, it leaves a layer of silicone which is why it works so well. I only use it after a bath and it lasts until the next bath, usually every week to ten days. I will use more to brush them out before the bath but of course, that gets bathed out. I am not sure how much it would take to really build up on their coat but I assume it would ultimately make it sticky. Unless my guys are in show coat I only brush them prior to their bath.
Notice as it dries on the spray bottle it makes an actual film almost like plastic wrap so I would assume it does the same on their coat.
I LOVE the smell!!!!
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 6:48am PST 
Thanks...I have not looked at the spray bottle since spraying him, I will have to look and check it out to see if there is a little film on it...

Frankie *seems* to need daily brushing bc his adult coat is coming in...so far, so good..smile

I wonder how their shampoo is...?
Have you ever tried it...?

He was out in the rain this morning to do his biz, and the coat has now dried and is still nice and soft, not sticky or anything, which is good, bc we get a lot of rain here...I keep meaning to put his little poncho on him when it rains but sometimes SO takes the pup out bright and early, and goodness knows he is not gonna mess with any puppy ponchos...laugh out loud shh silenced
[notify]