GO!

Shampoo recommendation

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Pirogue

Chew on- everything in- sight.

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 6:22pm PST 
I have three dogs, two of which are 4 month old pups. I am looking to find a shampoo or regimen to help eliminate odor. Letting the dogs into the house is a new thing for my husband and with his sensitive nose his biggest complaint is their doggie odor. Please help!
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 5:08pm PST 
My first recommendation has nothing to do with shampoo. Make sure they are on a good Quality food. That alone will help with odor. Second if they are indoor/outdoor it will make it harder to keep them smelling good.

I'm a fan of lambert and kay's fresh and clean for a good mid price range shampoo, but I generally wash the first wash with ivory dish washing liquid. It cuts the grease and helps with any build up on the coat.

Next... Always Always completely dry your dog. Wet dogs will pick up every odor around, use a hair dryer if possible and get them as completely dry as possible.

I wash about every week for my dogs... but every two weeks is a good idea. You can also keep baby wipes at the door, to wipe feet and face when they come in which is good for cutting down the smell as well.
[notify]