GO!

Can anyone recommend a good tool for keeping .....

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Tue Jan 31, '12 7:04pm PST 
I use a regular comb on all my dogs. I push the hair up the wrong way and then comb row by row the right way. The under coat comes right out. Koby's really hard because his coat is so thick, but brushes don't work well on any of my dogs.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Wed Feb 1, '12 8:34pm PST 
I really like my furminator, I use it once a week when blowing coat and it takes out a lot of undercoat. (look on ebay for a deal. I paid $15. including shipping.)

I also use a coat rake and a pin brush, the furminator can be harsh but it removes the undercoat that seems to be matting. (I have that problem too)
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Feb 2, '12 6:51am PST 
Thanks everyone for your input. We just don't understand how one can be blowing her coat normally (Mika) and the other who has the same coat and hasn't had an issue before(Kai) can suddenly develop a problem. He is my third Akita in 16 years and this is the first time this has happened. We really appreciate all of the suggestions and input and are certainly going to try them. Thanks Again!wave
[notify]

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 9:28pm PST 
I've used them all and this is by far the best FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs
[notify]
The Boss

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 3:55pm PST 
I have an Akita too and I find that using a furminator works great!big grin
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2