GO!

How young can a puppy be professionally groomed?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '11 7:01am PST 
So I'm currently a mess my fur is growing out all funny, my feet are covered and i keep getting messy in my sanitary area, but i have only had two sets of my puppy shots. Mom doesn't have time to try to learn how to scissor me herself and doesn't want to take me to visit the family at Thanksgiving in my current state is it okay for her to take me to a groomers without having finished all my shots?
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '11 8:04pm PST 
A lot depends on the groomer who is doing the grooming. 8 weeks is the rule for many groomers but look for one that doesn't Keep the puppy, where the puppy will not be kenneled. You might also call around and see if any groomers in your area will trim an already washed dog. Then you can also stay and watch the process.

Good luck and well wishes
[notify]
Peek-A-Boo

Barked: Mon Nov 21, '11 12:28pm PST 
Our groomers mostly require they have the rabies shot around here, but our vet had someone that would groom before then. It wasn't a full groom persay, but they trimmed my paw and nails and around my eyes so I could see.
[notify]