GO!

Good price for grooming by a pro?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Katana - (fallen not- forgotten)

Katana's the- name and- pleasin's the- game

Barked: Thu Jun 23, '11 9:39am PST 
My hubby and I stopped in at a local groomers shop today to get a price to have my husband's Service Dog in Training groomed because recently Katana had gotten into some railroad tar or something. My stepson had taken him out to put him in his kennel, Katana was on a day off because my husband was having a good day, and somehow Katana got out and went running. Well he has this stuff in his coat and I am having a hard time getting him to hold still so that I can get it brushed out. The groomer told us that for a bath will run $15.00 and a nail trim will be $6.00 so the cost will be about $22.00. Would that be considered a good price or should we look for someone cheaper?
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Thu Jun 23, '11 11:28am PST 
When I take Bianca to be groomed it is more than $50 so I would say yes that is a good price!
[notify]
Fergus TT

mmm... feet.

Barked: Thu Jun 23, '11 3:09pm PST 
Cheaper?? Wow.. I pay $85 for Fergus to get groomed. laugh out loud
[notify]

Bingley,- Emmett &- Martika

Little Ewoks

Barked: Thu Jun 23, '11 6:51pm PST 
That's pretty cheap! I pay $40 per dog.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Jun 24, '11 4:40am PST 
Frankly I don't know how anyone can stay in business with those prices!!!!
I think I would want to get some references and make sure you check out the place for cleanliness and safety.
The cheapest around here, in a rural, low income place, is $35 - 40.
[notify]
Squeeky

I am just- toooooo cute !!!

Barked: Fri Jun 24, '11 10:11am PST 
That is a good price, I just had Squeeky to the Groomer and it cost me #32.10 plus I give her a $5.00 tip and happy to do it.
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Fri Jun 24, '11 12:04pm PST 
Wow! It's 16.00 for the SELF-SERVICE bath around here, and 25-40 if the groomer does it for you. They include nails with that though, it's not a separate fee. If it's railroad tar though, I wonder if they will end up charging more to get it out. That stuff doesn't come out with just soap and water.
[notify]
Katana - (fallen not- forgotten)

Katana's the- name and- pleasin's the- game

Barked: Fri Jun 24, '11 1:36pm PST 
She has been in business for quite a long time and does a LOT of business. Yesterday she had one dog on the table and three more waiting to be done. She and her helper both keep the shop really clean and are very professional. They are booked clear up until the 8th or the 18th of next month and that date would be going fast. She is very sweet and even though she is busy with her business she takes time to work with relay for life because she was a cancer patient at one time.
[notify]
Annie

I know I'm cute- rub my belly!

Barked: Fri Jun 24, '11 9:43pm PST 
For just a bath, nail trim/grinding thats a really good price. I'd imagine that if the dog needed a hair cut it'd be more expensive.
[notify]
Webster's- Icing on the- Cake-

Barked: Sun Aug 28, '11 3:55pm PST 
If that groomer is so great, she is definitely doing herself an injustice and she is not making enough to make a living, probably just making enough to pay her bills. That price is ridiculously low for a dog that size. I'm surprised that you're even questioning if there's something cheaper than that.
[notify]