GO!

How much do you pay?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Annie

I know I'm cute- rub my belly!

Barked: Sun Jun 5, '11 12:44am PST 
Annie is a wheaten terrier and needs a real hair cut. Even when I don't go with the breed standard look a bath, cut, grinding etc costs me about 60 bucks. I have priced at other locations and found some a little cheaper but didn't and some a lot more expensive. The cheaper ones all turned me off some how. Like having an overwhelming stench of cat urine. I almost threw up when I walked in there.
[notify]
Annie

I know I'm cute- rub my belly!

Barked: Sun Jun 5, '11 12:47am PST 
Annie is a wheaten and I have asked and priced around pretty standard for my area to be between $50-$75. One place even quoted me $85.
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sun Jun 5, '11 7:14pm PST 
We have 2 standard poodles, 1 miniature, and 2 toys and we pay $180. total. Our dogs love going for spa day cloud 9
[notify]

Missy CGC

The not so- little Little- Missy.

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '11 1:52am PST 
To just bathe Missy I have been quoted $40-$50, for a trim it would be $85.
[notify]
Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '11 6:44am PST 
Dahlia is a Cocker/Lon haired Doxie mix. I pay $43 for a full shave, ears & nails. I have found cheaper places, but like how this gal deals with Dahlia.

Jasper, I have heard that some groomers prefer the owner not to be there, because the dog will usually behave better. How many groomers here feel that way??
[notify]
Jasper

Whut?

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '11 9:45am PST 
We get the works when we are at the groomers. Bath and blow dry, nails clipped, ears cleaned, anal glands expressed, shave and style with bows or scarfs.

Like Sonja said...we love to go to spa day. Our groomers has a outside play/potty area which is really cool. We usually are allowed to stay out of the crates cuz there are five of us and we fill the schedule for the day. Even if they have other dogs...we get along with everyfur of every size. We are very gentle and easy going.

Mom doesnt stay with us for spa day. She has errands to run...plus we are there most of the day...and she knows we love it there so she is comfortable leaving.
[notify]
Tucker John

I Love Life!

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '11 5:56pm PST 
I'd probably charge $40-45 for a maltipoo, if it were matted a lot more. A basic puppy trim probably around $20-25.

I prefer owners not to be there.
[notify]
♥Buddy♥

I <3 MEAT!

Barked: Fri Jul 1, '11 2:46pm PST 
When I used to go to Petco Mom would pay $65 for everything. It was so much because mommy would get me the Spa package and all sorts of other perks!
But now she needs to find a new groomer because the last time I went, I shook like crazy when my groomer came out!! It was the first time in 2+ years mom has seen me so scared to go to the goomer. Before I was so happy because I got pampered! But something about this lady didn't sit right with me! So now we are back to square one in finding a new goomer!
Sorry for the little rant! I needed to get that out!
[notify]
♥Chlo- e- Chanel&heart- s;

Miss Chloe- Ba-by!

Barked: Fri Jul 8, '11 3:03pm PST 
Shoe-Toe, I wish you were a groomer in my area. You would save me alot of money.
[notify]
Wicket

Mom's little- Fluffer Muffin

Barked: Mon Jul 18, '11 2:21pm PST 
I take Wicket to the groomer every 2 weeks. Most visits, he gets a bath & sanitary clip...this includes the anal glands, clipping his face/paws/potty area, trimming nails, etc. and that is $16 total. When he does get a full clip, it will be $25 total. He always gets a bandana or something cute on him when he comes home and he LOVES it there. She is AMAZING with the dogs and does such a great job, her cuts always look awesome. We live near two cities...one with a population of approximately 200,000 and the other is larger (it's a major city). His groomer is BY FAR the most popular in this area. I book mine every 2 weeks as a regular, but new clients or non-regulars must wait 2-3 months to get in as she's always booked up.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5