GO!

Taking an aggressive dog to be groomed....

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
Twister

wouldn't harm a- fly...XD

Barked: Tue Sep 6, '11 3:08pm PST 
I personally would not use a groomer that would want to use an e-collar on my dog.
Twister acts scared when he goes to the groomer, but warms up to the groomer after we leave, and is having a jolly good time by the time we pick him up. He really enjoys being around the other dogs there. Look around for a good groomer, talk to them about how the dog acts, then just let the groomer decide what steps need to be taken after meeting the dog. I would say a muzzle before sedatives (personally, I would try not to ever use sedatives). The dog needs to learn how to behave anyhow, and getting out to the groomers -without being sedated- could actually help, it has for my dog. Good luck! way to go

Edited by author Tue Sep 6, '11 3:09pm PST

[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Sep 6, '11 6:35pm PST 
At our grooming salon I will not groom any dog that is sedated. That is a job to be done under veterinary supervision, not in a regular grooming salon. Too many things can and do go wrong when a dog is under sedation.
I would not use an e-collar, either, and wouldn't allow my dog to be groomed at any place that did use one.
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Thu Sep 8, '11 9:16am PST 
Twister and Toto, by "e-collar" I understood that to mean "elizabethan collar".

I've used an e-collar at the vet with Rexy. Works very well to keep everyone safe. It also is less stressful on her than a muzzle.
[notify]

Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Thu Sep 8, '11 1:18pm PST 
ETA- didn't realize how old this post was. Hopefully you got everything figured out smile

Edited by author Thu Sep 8, '11 1:20pm PST

[notify]
Twister

wouldn't harm a- fly...XD

Barked: Thu Sep 8, '11 2:47pm PST 
lol! I keep posting without looking at the date!laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3