GO!

Anyone use Oster ShedZilla, instead of Furminator?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Georgia's- Summer- Breeze

Whatsat???

Barked: Mon Sep 27, '10 12:39pm PST 
I just got mine today, it was $20 at Wal-Mart.
It worked great!!
Just curious if anyone else had tried this one.thinking
[notify]
Ginger- Mystic and- Pixie

What trouble can- we get into- today?

Barked: Tue Sep 28, '10 9:37am PST 
I just got one this morning at Walmart. I have the Furminator also and have used that for the last couple years. I am now going to get rid of it and I am in love with the ShedZilla. It is so well worth the $20. I took Mystic out back and tried it out on her, wow did I get some fur off that girl. And for the most part I didn't see any top coat it was all under coat. The local birds are going to be very happy with the amount of fur left out there today. I think there is a full dog out there. LOL
I am going to go and call my sister who is a groomer and tell her about it.
[notify]
Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Tue Sep 28, '10 9:40am PST 
hmmn. must look into this!
[notify]

Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Tue Sep 28, '10 10:58am PST 
I have the Shedzilla and have used it a few times with my Aussie. I didn't like the noise it made when I was brushing her. It sounded like it was tearing/cutting hairs, instead of just pulling out the dead ones. I use it on my cats now because it doesn't do that to them.
[notify]
Ginger- Mystic and- Pixie

What trouble can- we get into- today?

Barked: Tue Sep 28, '10 10:58am PST 
Ok I worked on Mystic some more, inside as it is getting a bit warm out in the sun. Feels good but Mystic doesn't handle the heat to well. So sat down on the floor and had Mystic lay next to me. My kitchen trash can is about a 10 gallon size can. So after working on her outside and then working on her more inside I almost filled the trashcan. I was starting to see less and less in the brush so I must have most of it out. Needless to say my carpet was the color of Mystic by the time I was done. And I was putting the main clumps into the trash can. Why didn't I know about this before??? LOL Off to go and put it into the compost.
[notify]
Gnocchi

Bucchii Boomers

Barked: Thu Oct 14, '10 7:57am PST 
I hae the ShedZilla from walmart and it works great on her wirey coat. I useit 2/month and it pulls our the dead undercoat. I also used it on the nghbors chow & golden and she was so impressed with it - she went and bought one too.
[notify]
Maebe

Treadmill- Junkie!

Barked: Sun Oct 17, '10 2:49am PST 
I haven't tried this before! How is it different from the furminator? Does it get deeper into the coat?

Also, an amazing tip for whenever you furminate (or do anything that causes the fur to fly) something simple but sanity saving is to have a mister bottle of water, and just spritz a couple times where you're furminating. This makes the hair just fall down to the table instead of clinging to your hand, arm, the dog, the walls, the ceiling, your eyeballs...
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sun Oct 17, '10 7:51am PST 
I do deshedding outside then go pick up the clumps when I am done.

Well I am bummed. Petsmart had two of this sort of Mars Coat King type tool but the teeth are too close together to work for me. Probably me more than the tool. Going back to the store today.

There is another shedzilla video up now on youtube so you can compare the two. I use both types. The Mars Coat King was useless on Sassy's dense short double coat and the furminator doesn't get out much undercoat on Max's thinner long double coat.
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sun Oct 17, '10 1:30pm PST 
Maebe great tip! I have this rubbler like brush that gets a ton of hair off of Brodie but it flies everywhere so I always have to go outside.

Guys does the Shedzilla work for any coat type and length?
I have a scottie, longhair doxie, and a bulldog
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sun Oct 17, '10 3:15pm PST 
I don't think it will work on a bullie's coat. The one video is a commercial for shedzilla and the other is of a consumer comparing a regular brush to shedzilla on a bullie and she wasn't impressed.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2