GO!

Clippering or stripping a Westie coat?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Emma-Gem

I'm the PRINCESS- of the house!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 5:17pm PST 
I wouldnt do this yourself have someone show you how to clip (especially strip) youur dog the first time...too many people actually tryin things themselfs and do more damage to their dogs coats then it's really worth just take him or her to the groomer and pay the 30 dollars (since you can do more damage by not knowing what your doing!) Videos really cannot show you the proper way to "Strip a coat) and No it dosen't hurt the dog (for those who say it does their obviosuly inexperinced in strippping) I haven't had the experince myself with stripping mainly because it takes ALOT of time this isnt somthing you can rush on doing and ones you strip the coat that's what you must contune to do (it's stripping or clipping) no change and it can take HOURS to strip!! just my educatinal advice!! (is a professinal groomer)
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 11:21am PST 
30 bucks to HAND strip?! Egads that's a mere percentage of the cost of a full hand strip up here in the Northeast US region...Like so much cheaper I could practically fly a dog there, have it stripped and flown back for less. Airedales are big dogs, granted, but not THAT much bigger...thinking
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 11:36am PST 
Trust me, Lucille, you're not going to find ANYONE to hand strip ANY terrier for $30, no matter where you live. 3 or 4 hours of hand stripping and only get $30... any groomer can't even make ends meet at $30 a half hour!!!
You're most likely not going to find anyone to even CLIP any terrier for $30... I would hate to see the finished product if someone does it for that, BOL!!!
Furthermore, this post is resurrected from 2008!
[notify]

Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 11:49am PST 
"Furthermore, this post is resurrected from 2008!" I did see that Toto. I forgot to post that even at 2008 prices, 30 bucks would be cheap for a full hand strip! BOL!

The show Airedales can cost well over 200 bucks per session depending on their coat state when they're brought in, and sometimes it takes more than one session because some of them come in so rough after hunting...and it's worth every penny. It's hard work, and that poor groomer's hands...!
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 2:48pm PST 
About a hundred years ago I had a Dandie Dinmont Terrier and showed her so she was hand stripped. Honestly, it was a DAILY job, and you have to start about 5 months before the big shows (in her case, Montgomery.) Certainly not for the faint of heart!
Before I learned how, we were paying $150 and she was left at the groomers kennel for about a month, then had to visit constantly after that to keep it up. And, this was a hundred years ago, BOL!!
Since then I have not hand stripped a single dog, thank goodness!!!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2