GO!

WARNING! DO NOT ADOPT FROM THE NATIONAL GREAT PYRENEES RESCUE!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Reilly

I sleep,- therefore I am.

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 3:35pm PST 
For anyone looking to adopt a dog, DO NOT adopt from the National Great Pyrenees Rescue, based in Maplecrest, New York!

I was adopted from them on January 6, 2013. My humans were told that I was perfectly healthy and their adoption contract says that I was heartworm-free. In the six weeks that they have had me, I have been diagnosed with a urinary tract infection AND heart worms. The rescue is refusing to take any responsibility for the fact that my urinary tract infection was brewing before they adopted me AND that I have had the heart worms for at least a year. I was found in Vineland, NJ in a hoarding situation and was outside in a chicken coop. Anyone who has any common sense would test a dog found in this situation for heart worms more than once (I was tested in October 2012 and the test was negative). Four months later, my heart is now enlarged, and my lungs and certain arteries are also infected. The president of the rescue told my humans not to get a chest x-ray. Imagine if they had waited!

RUN, DON'T WALK away from this rescue!! They are completely irresponsible and place sick dogs!
[notify]