GO!

Can anyone help me figure out what mix my dog is?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Remy

I'm a dog, I'm a- dooooog

Barked: Sun Mar 7, '10 4:59pm PST 
Hey everyone. Last year I adopted a dog from a shelter and they weren't sure what kind of mix he is. I'm almost positive that hes part great dane. But I don't know what else. Maybe Shar Pei or some kind of Mastiff. He has very loose skin and wrinkles on his face and forehead. He also has a few black spots on his tongue. He is mostly black with white and black spotted socks. His belly is also white with some black spots. You can see two pictures of him on my profile.
if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated =) thanks!

Edited by author Sun Mar 7, '10 5:05pm PST

[notify]
Tashi

Barked: Fri Mar 26, '10 11:41pm PST 
That definitely looks like shar pei to me. The long legs certainly could be from Great Dane
[notify]
Isy

Anything if you- just throw the- ball!!!

Barked: Sun Mar 28, '10 7:30am PST 
I definately see the Dane. The other looks more SharPei to me than Mastiff, but who knows. You could try doing the DNA test, but they've had mixed reviews on accuracy.
[notify]

Lulu

Beware of the- Great Dane- Stare.

Barked: Tue May 25, '10 3:23pm PST 
shock I see Shar Pei all over him.

There is a possibility that he does have Great Dane in him, but I don't really see it. He does have long legs but that could be from any dog.

thinking
I would say try a DNA test but they don't work as well as they say. I guess it gives you the possibility to slim it down to what he really is.
[notify]
Oreo Big- Stuff

Im the luckest- Dane in the- World

Barked: Mon Aug 2, '10 5:18am PST 
My mom says dont matter what your mixed with as long as its love.
[notify]