GO!

Suddenly cannot walk..........

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

CHARLIE

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 4:35am PST 
My adopted beagle Charlie is suddenly unable to walk. I'm giving him Rimadyl & methocarbamol since yesterday, but he seems a bit worse this morning and can't even get out the door to go potty. His back legs just give out on him. He is too heavy for me to lift him & I am disabled, so I'm not able to help him very much. Thank goodness he doesn't appear to be in much pain - no whining, crying or yelping. Still, this is breaking my heart.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 8:10am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughugwishes and PoTP for Charlie. Hope he is feeling better soon.wishes
[notify]

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 12:49am PST 
Have you contacted a vet so that he could come visit and take a look at Charlie? What was Charlie doing before he suddenly couldn't walk?

Methocarbamol could actually cause sedation and/or lethargy in dogs as a side effect. I'm not sure if the drug is adding to your Charlie's weakness, but that's something you should look out for as well.
[notify]

Neo

Mr. Hankey

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 9:07pm PST 
Same thing happened to my dog, Neo, that is why I joined the group, wanted to find some support. You should have a vet see your dog and check his prostate. If he has an enlarged prostate it will cause the hind legs to give out. I never knew that and I volunteer at a dog rescue and thought I'd heard of everything. Sadly, my dog has a tumor on his prostate. We are waiting for biopsy results to see if it is cancer. Please don't wait. The sooner you know the cause the easier it will be for you and your dog. And cheaper if you catch it early. I didn't go to the vet immediately, I thought it was achy hips from arthritis. I was wrong. Good luck, I hope it is nothing more than achy legs for your baby.
[notify]