GO!

Scruffy is very sick

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 9 of 11: Viewing entries 81 to 90)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 3:33pm PST 
Thank you Mika & Kai. I really appreciate your kind words. I hope that you and yours are well.

I remember the holistic vet vaguely telling me something about Lyme disease, but she insisted that he was showing some immunity to Lyme and not the disease itself. I told her that he was never vaccinated against Lyme but she insisted that he had to have been vaccinated against Lyme at some point because that's what the blood-work indicated.

On the other hand, our old vet said that Scruffy had a low positive to Lyme disease and that the blood-work did not indicate it was from the Lyme vaccine and he recommended treatment. I also mentioned to him that Scruffy was never vaccinated for Lyme and he said that his records show no Lyme vaccination so he's probably never had it.

Ever since he was treated for Lyme his energy has been better and he looks less depressed. I'm just so confused now. Does have kidney disease or doesn't he? If not, was Lyme causing some of his symptoms even though our old vet said he was asymptomatic?

Edited by author Sat Jun 29, '13 3:50pm PST

[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Aug 28, '13 8:03am PST 
UPDATE: For the past couple weeks Scruffy has been really up and down. He was lethargic and skipping meals on and off or he would be really hesitant to eat and would eat really slowly. So I took him to the vet. Scruffy's creatinine and BUN increased from the last time he was checked, so the vet said that he will need to be checked again in 3 - 4 weeks. His urine was still diluted and the vet said that because he has small kidneys that in the future his body will have trouble getting rid of and bodily waste. The vet suggested changing his diet to a kidney diet. The vet also suggested getting Scruffy to drink as much water as we can, and of course we've already been doing that and we're going to keep doing that. I hope Scruffy can handle this kidney diet. Last time we tried a kidney diet by Purina and he got some pretty bad diarrhea even though I did a gradual switch. Scruffy has also lost a little bit more weight. Some good news is that his bladder stones still have not been an issue. We got him x-rayed again to see what was going on with the bladder stones and it appears that the stones are dissolving away on their own or because they were so tiny that he may have easily passed some of them on his own. He has never strained or had any issues urinating and we're continuing to keep an eye on him and if there are any signs of him having any issues urinating then he'll be back at the vet's right away.

Edited by author Wed Aug 28, '13 8:04am PST

[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Aug 28, '13 9:56am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughug for Scruffy and family. We hope he is feeling better soon.wishes to you both and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
[notify]

Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed Aug 28, '13 6:05pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughughugwishes
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue Oct 1, '13 12:46pm PST 
Scruffy had his recheck yesterday, and we got the blood work results today. Scruffy's kidney values are better, they aren't as good as they were previously, but they are better so the kidney diet and everything else we've been doing is helping. Also, Scruffy also gained 2 lbs!! cheercheercheer They only sort of issue is that his poop has been really soft/mush on the kidney diet. Hopefully in time that improves, considering he's only been on this diet for a few weeks so he may still be adjusting to it.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed Oct 2, '13 4:21pm PST 
That's great! hamster dance
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Oct 4, '13 1:19am PST 
hughughughughug Hoping things continue to improve and the problems become less of an issue.big hugwishesflowers
[notify]

Barked: Mon Nov 4, '13 7:11am PST 
Hope Sruffy gets better soon! Sending good thoughts and love!
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 2:55am PST 
Hope Scruffy is still doing wellway to gohug
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Dec 12, '13 11:34am PST 
Scruffy hasn't been eating well lately, he refuses to touch his prescription food and will hardly touch some of his favorite foods. We're going to the vet on Monday, so in the mean time we could really use some positive vibes.
[notify]
  (Page 9 of 11: Viewing entries 81 to 90)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11