GO!

Jack has parvo :-(

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 4:56pm PST 
Took Jack back to the vet because he had diarrhea, wasn't eating or drinking, and was weak (he could barely walk). The vet and vet tech were both extremely nice and explained everything, and is optimistic (yet realistic) that Jack will make a full recovery. He will have to stay in the ICU there for 3 days minimum. Meanwhile I am going to bleach everything he used and throw away things that need to be thrown away. I hate leaving Jack at the vet but I know it's what is best...
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 6:30pm PST 
Get well soon.hughughughug
[notify]
Jack ~May- '12 - Jul '12~

Live like- there's no- tomorrow

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 7:01pm PST 
Thanks
[notify]

Kali

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 7:19pm PST 
Let us know how he does. Did they vet say anything about your other dogs catching it?
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 9:36pm PST 
Angel is up to date on all her shots so chances of her getting it are slim. I have to prepare my house for Jack to come back home...cleaning everything, throwing stuff away...my biggest concern is the yard because Jack did throw up in the yard. I am researching what I need to do for that as well. So much to do...if only his former owners would have gotten him the shots he needed as a puppy this would probably not be happening.

Edited by author Fri Jul 13, '12 9:46pm PST

[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 11:27pm PST 
Just talked to the nurse in ICU and she said Jack is doing well, he has been keeping his fluids without any vomiting, so that is good.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 9:45am PST 
I'm so sorry. I''m glad he's getting treated and I'm sending lots of PoP

hughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 12:06pm PST 
Thank you. His vet called me just now and said he threw up once, but other than that he hasn't. His BP was at 90, so they gave him medication and when they checked again it was @ 120. His temperature was just below 100 so that's much better even though the doctor wants it above that. He's still not showing interest in food or water so they are keeping him on IVs until tonight when they will try again to see if he will drink water on his own. The faster he does that, the faster he will be able to go home. I am hoping since they were able to get him stabilized that he will because he is still too dehydrated. I am going to see him tonight and talk to them again about his improvement. Thanks everyone for the prayers...I am one anxious/nervous momma and just want my little boy home.
[notify]
Kali

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 2:36pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 5:22pm PST 
hughughughughughug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)