GO!

Ideas to ease boredom while recovering from TPLO surgery?

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Nikko

I am Nikko, pay- attention to- meeeeee!

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 11:41am PST 
Nikko is having TPLO surgery today aftering rupturing his CCL. He's two & very active, so I'm a little concerned as to how I'm going to keep him contained for the next 6 weeks without him going absolutely bonkers. He's limited to short 5 minute potty breaks outside on leash, & he can't jump up on the furniture or rough house with my other dog, Koda. Yeah, dealing with Koda through all of this will be another challenge too.

Do you guys have any suggestions on toys, games, or activities I can do with him to help maintain his (& my) sanity without messing with his recovery?
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Tue Jan 31, '12 6:59am PST 
Hi Nikko...first I hope you are recovering well after your first few days of surgery! hug

One of the toughest things is keeping us quiet after we have surgery that requires us to stay still.

Have you tried kongs? Mom fills them with peanut butter, bananas, yogurt, cheese...and then freezes them. That keeps me busy for about a half hour and for my siblings, longer. And hey....it's food so it's sure to put a smile on your face big grin Mom also gave me chews...

It's not easy...I had to be crated before back surgery, but mom would give me these things. I think somehow I knew I had to rest so I didn't give my mom as hard a time and yet she spent what time she could hanging next to me and my crate.
[notify]