GO!

Rooney Has Pasteurellosis!!! Please help

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Rooney

Barked: Sat Sep 17, '11 11:43am PST 
Rooney came down with what we thought was kennel cough because he was hacking and doing the reverse sneeze thing.

Four weeks ago, his nose started running uncontrollably with yellow/orange gook. (I call them aliens.... so gross!!) Annnnnd he has double ear infections to boot.

The vet has prescribed him 1000mg of Augmentin daily and he's been on it for 3 weeks with no signs of improvement.

We were told that pasteurella takes a really long time to kick, so to stay on the meds, but my poor Roondogger looks so sad.

Lethargic, no appetite unless we hand feed him, sinus pressure because it hurts to touch his head, etc.

He's only 6 months old, so its very scary!!

Any recommendations/suggestions for an alternative course of treatment??

Thanks!shrug
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sun Sep 18, '11 10:13am PST 
I don't have any suggestions for you but just want you to know I'm so sorry Rooney is sick. It's so hard for us to see our little pups not feel good. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. dog
[notify]
Rooney

Barked: Sun Sep 18, '11 1:13pm PST 
Thank you!
[notify]

Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Sun Sep 18, '11 7:55pm PST 
If you haven't already, you should post this in the health forum.

Get well soon.
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Mon Sep 19, '11 8:24am PST 
i snifft around on the web and it is a disease that is pretty uncommon,but it is a disease that everyone,both human and a variety of animals,can get.
and from what i read the recovery will take months....
so i pray sweet rooney will get thru this and paw power is sent to him!
you can find a lot of info on the web about it.
[notify]