GO!

Vertebrae Surgery

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Nemesis

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 10:39am PST 
Little Nemi was struck by a car last Friday after We took him to the park during a satellite dish install but when we let him out into the yard we didn't realize a gate was left open by one of the Installers and he ran into the street. Luckily, my neighbor who hit him helped us get him to the vet.

He has a compressed vertebrae in his rearmost quarters and he is having surgery today to move the vertebrae in place and hopefully relieve the pressure on his spinal cord. We are hoping the best that he doesn't become paralyzed and everything heals correctly. Surgery is new to us and a bit of a mystery. Right now he can stand and his tail is functional.

I hope we are doing the right thing for you little buddy! The whole surgery vs. non-surgery was a gut feeling we thought first no surgery but once it was explained in detail we think it would be a good shot to a more pain free life in the future. Luckily, both the surgeon and th vet said that the injury is far enough back where it missed causing major neurological damage.

GET WELL AND WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
[notify]
Sam

I can get out of- anything...

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 12:06pm PST 
Get well Nemesis!hugwisheshug

And Nemesis's mom, stay strong and positive and know you can talk to us! Let us know what happens and how it goes!
[notify]
Nemesis

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 5:19pm PST 
Thank you for your support. We just got a call that surgery is now underway. Hang in there little buddy!
[notify]

River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 2:40am PST 
hug praying the surgery went wellhug
[notify]
Nemesis

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 9:40am PST 
The doctor called last night and said that the surgery went well. They were able to put the vertebrae back in place and get it set with some pins. Fortunately, we had started antibiotics 5 days before surgery.

Initially he said that he would be in post-op care for two days but he called today and said that he think Nemesis has a great chance for a full neurological recovery and he thinks he would recover just as well if we brought him home this afternoon.

Thanks everyone for your support. I will let you know how the rehabilitation process is going.
[notify]
Mika MADC,- MJDC,- AG.N.J.,- A.G.

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 1:19pm PST 
Heal well Nemesis!
[notify]
Sam

I can get out of- anything...

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 1:22pm PST 
applausecheerapplause

A little congrats party for u! That is great news! I hope he heals well and continues to improve! Keep updating us on his progress!hug
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 2:01pm PST 
hamster danceCongratulations! We wish you a full recovery! hug
[notify]
♥- DarlaMae - ♥

I Am- Iron Nose- !

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 7:58pm PST 
hughughugNemesishughughug
Lots of paw for full swift recovery.dog
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Tue Feb 1, '11 4:06am PST 
Oh nemesis...that's great news! I hope you are home doing well and recovering nicely big grinhug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2