GO!

Maggie needs power of the paw

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Thu Jan 6, '11 4:05am PST 
Maggie my four year old husky has been doing well but this morning I found her having a seizure. She has had two so far and I am planning to get her in to see the vet again. This has got me really worried now. Hope to be able to get these seizures under control
[notify]
Blaze

Born to run and- fly.

Barked: Fri Jan 7, '11 9:47pm PST 
Oh, I hope you can get Maggie's seizures under control. Good to get to the vet ASAP as you seem to be doing since she has seized a few times on the same day. If she is not on meds perhaps it can be managed and controlled that way.

Also, I have literally seen some dogs become nearly seizure free if a diet change is made. Not sure how and what you feed but you may want to look into that too, while you and the vet probably use some med to control/stop the seizing.

I had one siberian with seizures related to Cushings and her pituitary gland. At age 14 we had to make a tough decision because she was strong physically, but she was not herself at all, and even had trouble drinking water.

I'm sure the vet will suggest an anti-convulsant for you to give her, and then maybe look at her diet. I believe I had read somewhere that a person who switched their dog to grain free food saw a significant reduction in seizures.

Good luck, and keep us posted. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for a positive resolution. hug
[notify]
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Mon Jan 10, '11 7:40pm PST 
So far she has been on Primidone for a few days and it seems to be helping. We feed Taste Of The Wild High Prairie for her once a day. She needs to diet per her former vets order. The vet prescribed Primidone 250mg 2xs a day for the next week starting last Thursday with a follow up call this week. She will be taken down to one a day after this if it works. I am worried but she seems to be doing well so far. Keeping my fingers crossed. That and praying for her every night. My husband teases me saying that I am a worry wart because I am so worried about my baby girl.
[notify]

Prince- Mungo's- Memorial

Prince Prodigy- Puppy

Barked: Thu Jan 20, '11 4:32am PST 
Our pack will keep their paws crossed for Maggie to have no more seizures. hug Our pup Mungo also recently developed seizures so we know all to well how scary they are for the pup and all who love him/her. frown
[notify]
Prince- Mungo's- Memorial

Prince Prodigy- Puppy

Barked: Thu Feb 17, '11 4:10pm PST 
Is Maggie any better? hug
[notify]
Sam

I can get out of- anything...

Barked: Fri Feb 18, '11 6:26am PST 
Did you ever think about getting an MRI done?

I do hope she gets better soon I feel so bad every time I see one of your posts this has been going on too long poor dear.hugwishes
[notify]
Sakari

Divas can get- dirty too !

Barked: Fri Feb 18, '11 7:12am PST 
keeping you and Maggie in our prayers hug
[notify]
Sally Beaker-

Professional- Bone Horder

Barked: Fri Feb 18, '11 9:33am PST 
My family Min-Pin had seizures, it's the most horrible thing to see.cry

Good luck to you! My pack will also keep their paws crossed for you!hug
[notify]