GO!

it time to let her go?

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Honey

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 10:00am PST 
Honey is 14 years and 10 months old. She is still interested in food, mostly human but eats her rice with hamburger meat too. She recently had a bout of diarhea and on the recommendation of my vet I started feeding her this instead of ALS Canidae and she likes it. She walks quite well, climbs stairs and can get on "her" couch. In last few days however she somehow can not settle on it to rest. She either walks aimlessly around or stands on the couch and barks or whines. I spent most of the last night trying to calm her down with no good results. I am crying writing this but do you think it is time to let her go?
[notify]
Vinnie My- Guardian- Angel

Vinster the- Psychic Doggie

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 12:18pm PST 
Um, Vinnie's mom here. I am crying, too. Caesar, my (almost) 14 year old Mal, was doing the same thing- crying, whining, he couldn't get up if he got stuck, somewhere, I had to pick him up from the backyard, for instance.
I could not bear to let him go.
One day, he looked at me, and said "Let me go". I said okay. I had to have my family help because I was incaple of driving. They had to get him a stretcher at the Vets- He couldn't really walk- even though I gave him pain medicine.
It was time, So sorry to share this with you, but I had to, because he was in pain and I couldn't keep him around because I loved him so much. I know now he's out of pain. dog I'm sorry.
[notify]
Honey

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 11:07am PST 
We helped Honey to die peacefully yesterday. It was exactly 2 months before her 15th birthday. For the last 2 days it was obvious that it was time. Thanks to all caring people who wrote in response to my quest. Sophie
[notify]

Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 11:49am PST 
hug Rest in Peace.... hughug
[notify]
goldie

shes so cute

Barked: Tue Nov 9, '10 6:05am PST 
oh so sorry you lost Honey, she was letting you know it's time. she is free from pain and distress now
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Tue Nov 9, '10 6:58am PST 
Wow.. almost 15. What an incredibly long life for a dog of Honey's size, I bet it was a wonderful and fulfilling life.

hug Rest in peace little girl.
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Tue Nov 9, '10 12:29pm PST 
Sorry you had to lose your friend ...Rest In Peace Honey ...cry

Thoughts & Prayers
Rommel & Thor ... cry
[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Tue Nov 9, '10 3:42pm PST 
be young and well Honey

angel feather kisses to all who miss you
[notify]
~Angel (RIP- 11/20/07)~

Busy sprinkling- angel dust all- day

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 1:53pm PST 
I am so sorry. Honey is a beautiful girl and almost 15 years with her is such a blessing. hughug

little angel
[notify]
Tootsie

would you like- to sit down for- a while?

Barked: Sat Nov 20, '10 8:04pm PST 
I as every (pet owner knows) that it is the hardest thing you have to do with pets and I am truly sorry for your loss.hug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2