GO!

Diagnosis - Oral Melanoma

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
"Buster"- Elmer

Unbounded energy- with endless- kisses.

Barked: Thu Oct 7, '10 8:31pm PST 
Hello All,

I need to use this forum to vent. Buster Elmer, one of my 4 cocker spaniels, was diagnosed with oral melanoma last Thursday. I am beyond heartbroken. We were able to get an appt. at Red Bank Veterinary last Saturday and due to size and location, surgery is not an option. He will be starting radiation and a new drug ONCEPT (I hope today or tomorrrow). The irony of this is that one of our other cocker spaniels (Beulah Belle) was diagnosed with a mast cell tumor 2 years ago and underwent surgery and chemo with incredible results. Since then, I have been neurotic with testing and/or removing and questionable lumps on any of my pups and it has even been a joke that the slightist anything will result in a visit to the vet.

A little bit about Buster. We rescued him 5 1/2 years ago when we found he was abandoned and left at a shelter for 3 1/2 months. Since the day he joined our family he has expressed his gratitude by giving us endless kisses and hugs and just being one of the most amazing dogs ever! He is 9 1/2 now but still acts like a puppy.

I posted on this site when Beulah Belle was ill so maybe your positive thoughts will work for Buster, too!!!

Thanks for listening.

Gail & Buster

UPDATE (Thursday Oct. 7th):
Buster had his first radiation appointment and also had the ONCEPT vaccine today up at Red Bank. He became quite the little ambassador and was very busy making friends before and after his treatment. Afterwards, we stopped at Petsmart and picked out toys and treats for Buster and his brothers (Wilbur and Cody) and his sister (Beulah). Next radiation and vaccine is in 1 week. Let's pray this works!!!!

Gail & Buster
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Fri Oct 8, '10 8:58am PST 
hugyou are in our prayershug
[notify]
"Buster"- Elmer

Barked: Fri Oct 8, '10 9:13am PST 
Thanks and we appreciate your prayers.
[notify]

Yoshi- (1993-2010)

Yoshi Girl

Barked: Fri Oct 8, '10 1:35pm PST 
hughughughughughug
[notify]
"Buster"- Elmer

Barked: Mon Jan 3, '11 2:03pm PST 
Good news! Buster had undergone quite a round of treatments incluing radiation, oral vaccines and chemo drugs and the tumor shrunk by 80%. Buster is now a candidate for surgery where it was too large before. His surgery is scheduled for this Saturday January 8th. Keep us in your prayers that this will be successful and that Buster will be with us for a long, long time.

Regards,

Buster Elmer and Gail
[notify]
Roxy

Roxy the Miracle- Doxie

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 9:37pm PST 
Hi Buster, I'll be thinking of you. You are very brave to stand up to the cancer!
[notify]
"Buster"- Elmer

Barked: Wed Jan 5, '11 3:10pm PST 
Thank you and we can't wait to get rid of this nastiness.
[notify]
Tucker Max- Small Paws

Tucker Max- Protection- Agency-Pres.

Barked: Wed Jan 5, '11 7:07pm PST 
I will pray for Buster! POP POP POP!!!!
[notify]
Silva

Can we play,- lets play,- pretty please!!

Barked: Fri Jan 7, '11 9:52pm PST 
Fight that alien cancer Buster. You can beat it!!hug
[notify]
"Buster"- Elmer

Barked: Sat Jan 8, '11 1:19pm PST 
Buster had surgery today and I'm waiting to speak with the surgeon. Very, very anxious! Please keep your positive thoughts coming!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2